Download our Investment Guide 2019-2020.
Made under section 31(2) of The Zanzibar Investment Promotion and Protection Authority Act No. 14, 2018
2. Approved investor who has been granted Strategic investment status may, where appropriate, be granted the following benefits, incentives and allowances during operation of the Approved Investment:
3. Developer investing in Real Estate Development may be granted the following benefits, incentives and allowances:
4. Buyer who has purchased property of the value not less than United States Dollars One Hundred Thousands in Real Estate Development may be granted the following benefits, incentives and allowance:
C. APPROVED INVESTMENTS OUTSIDE FREE ECONOMIC ZONES
1. Incentives for investor investing outside Free Economic Zones.
2. Additional incentives to investment in manufacturing sector only
3. Additional incentives to investment in Real-estate business only
Investors may apply for corporate tax exemption after fulfilling the following conditions:
The application must be accompanied with:
Please note: Application for Corporate Tax exemption shall be made in the first year of business operation.
PROCEDURES FOR EXEMPTION OF IMPORT DUTIES AND SIMILAR TAXES
Investor shall submit to ZIPA Bill of Quantity and a list of all capital goods to be imported as well as to be purchased locally for consideration and where appropriate be granted exemption. The list should be submitted in both hard and soft copy.
Exemption of Import duties
For each consignment of approved imported materials, investor may apply for exemption in writing to ZIPA at least 2 weeks before arrival of goods in Zanzibar and submit together with the application 2 sets of the following documents:
Value Added Tax Relief on local purchase
For every goods to be purchased locally, investor may apply for Value Added Tax (VAT) relief to ZIPA and submit two sets of the following:
Note: Investor shall pay 5% of the amount exempted to ZIPA as service charge, except for Strategic investment.